How will you deliver your files?
- CD Rom/DVD
- USB Flash drive
- Upload via the ftp site (ftp.dnaprint.co.za)
- Make sure that the format you send is compatible with our systems.
Have you supplied all the necessary files?
- Include all image and graphic files imported into your document. Make sure you’ve saved them in the correct file format.
- Also supply hard-copy originals or proofs.
Have you supplied all your fonts?
- Include a list of all font names, font numbers, and font types (TrueType, Postscript)
- Use a preflight program to help you prepare electronic job files for your Printer. A program like this will automatically “gather” image and font files along with your page layout files. It will also inform you if something is missing.
Do you have items that need scanning?
- Clearly mark crop and final-size information for all images that you will require us to scam.
Have you converted all your colors from RGB to CMYK?
- Your images may print black and white or with unacceptable color shifts if you don’t convert them to CMYK.
- Also make sure you’ve used CMYK settings for all other colors, including spot color, if your page layout program allows you to do that.
Have you made your files bleed where required?
- Make sure all bleeds extend beyond the edge of the page to your Printer’s requirements. DNA Print requires that bleeds measure 4 mm
- Extending your bleeds is easy to do in a page layout program, but can be time consuming and costly for us to do for you.
Have you included a proof of your file?
- Send a black and white laser print or color proof.
- Make sure you generate your proof from the same settings that you’re sending to your Printer.
- If your proof is too large to send at 100% of its finished size, write the reduction on the proof.
- If you supply a black and white proof, clearly label all elements that print in color.
Have you indicated any special instructions?
- Make sure special instructions are clearly detailed on lasers or an attached memo.
- If color manipulation or special effects are needed, provide a printed sample if your idea cannot be described proficiently.
Have you labeled everything correctly?
- Clearly write your name, address, and phone number on all diskettes, storage devices and hard-copy art.
- Make sure color specs, images, trim size and panel folds are clearly marked on lasers
- Verify that pantone/spot colors are labeled correctly in electronic file
- In short, everything that you’re sending to us should be labelled.
- Also give your Printer a preflight checklist of everything you’re sending.